iCAT Diagnostic Imaging, An Advanced Technology
Diagnostic imaging plays an important role in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Allowing our oral surgeons to see tissue that is not visible on the surface aids our doctors in providing customized treatment plans and accurate diagnoses. Our practice is pleased to offer advanced digital imaging in 3-D with the use of the state-of-the-art iCAT machine.
In oral surgery, 3-D digital images help our team view areas of the craniofacial region such as sinus passages and airways, bone density, and the health of roots of teeth. This technology is beneficial for devising treatment plans that involve placing dental implants, treating TMJ dysfunction, and monitoring bone health. It even has applications for treating conditions related to sinus issues and sleep apnea.
Benefits of iCAT Imaging
Unlike traditional radiography where images are captured on radiographic film, digital imaging by use of a computerized sensor, displays X-ray results on monitors. This affords our oral surgeons control over produced images like zooming in over specific areas. Images are also displayed for the patient to see on high-resolution monitors so that our team can explain their results and future treatment options with the help of clear visuals. Because the images are digital, they can be quickly transferred to other health professionals as well.
Beyond the benefits of digital imaging, 3-D images offer panoramic views of the entire oral cavity and craniofacial region. With the iCAT machine, our oral surgeons can select various angles to view images as well, which allows for a comprehensive look at the entire oral health system. Accurate imaging is greatly beneficial for developing treatment plans. For instance, when dental implants are placed, patients undergo a period of healing where the bone fuses around the implant to stabilize it. With three-dimensional radiography, the stabilization process of implants can be closely monitored and thus improve the likelihood of a successful implantation process.
Comfort and Efficiency of iCAT 3-D Imaging
Using the iCAT machine is a comfortable experience for our patients. Capturing images just takes seconds. The machine itself allows our patients to sit comfortably in a chair while the imaging sensor moves around the head and neck to capture panoramic images almost instantaneously.
With access to advanced technology, our team can provide high quality care without sacrificing patient comfort. To schedule an appointment, contact our skilled team today.
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Burke, VA
5206 Lyngate Ct
Burke, VA 22015
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Reston, VA
11490 Commerce Park Dr #100
Reston, VA 20191
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Alexandria, VA
2807 Duke St
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Dental Implants
- Wisdom Teeth
- Tooth Extraction
- Bone Regeneration
- Facial & Cosmentc
- 2019-01-15Got 4 wisdom teeth removed here and had a great experience! Dr. Yaghmai and Sara K. were very professional!Nick J.
- 2019-02-26Very professional office.Jon w.
- 2019-04-09Dr. Yaghmai and other personnel are very professional.Thank you for everything I don’t feel pain anymore.Baki T.
- 2019-01-25Dr. Naimi and his entire staff, especially Holly was excellent. Would highly recommend!Chanel A.
- 2019-02-19Quicker recovery than usualFelipe F.
- 2019-03-19Fast recovery timedevonkeith13
- 2019-04-19Dr. Naimi, his assistant (Rugaya) and the entire staff at NOVA OMS were very friendly, accommodating, and efficient.Gem & Joan T.
- 2019-02-12recommend this practice highlyMalcolm P.
- 2019-01-31Very comprehensive care and very patient staff. They handled everything from insurance and billing to pre and post OP care.Joshua F.
- 2019-04-23Dr. Yaghmai eval'd and recommended treatment. Seems to being doing well now.Tom H.
- 2019-02-08Doctor Naimi is the best!!Romi M.
- 2019-03-05Dr Yaghmai, Fab and Sarak were great and very friendly! I highly recommend this place! Had wisdom teeth removal, fast recovery and no pain.TheAshe89
- 2019-02-14Superbly professional. Friendly. Responsive. I couldn’t be happier with my experience!John R.
- 2019-01-28Absolute best service, best price I could find in Northern VA after getting a consult from several offices from Reston to Leesburg.Bernadette A.
- 2019-01-18His assistant, Melissa, is top-notch and is the best at answering questions and keeping the patient informed and comfortable. No surprises.O W.
- 2019-03-08The staff were very welcoming. Rugaya and Holly took great care of me and put me at ease before my (4) wisdom teeth extraction.Trinity G.
- 2019-02-14Thank you for a wonderful experience! Pain free and they genuinely care! I look forward to working with you all at my next visit!Kelly D.
- 2019-02-18I had a great experience here. Everyone was extremely friendly and prompt timing.Ana C.
- 2019-02-12I would highly recommend going here . I got my wisdom teeth removed about a month ago and my experience here was wonderful !Karen H.
- 2019-03-05It was quick and entirely painless. I took ibuprofen for a few days, but was back on normal food after barely a day.Leland G.
- 2019-02-01The surgeon and assistants Holly and Victor were helpful and thorough prepping me and ensuring post-op recovery went along well.Christina B.
- 2019-02-01They are friendly, caring, efficient and very professional. I highly recommend Dr. Naimi to and Reston OMS.Cathryn L.
- 2019-03-25Overall very good experience and professional in their services.sudhindra s.
- 2019-04-02I needed to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed and was a little nervous about the surgery/recovery, but Fab calmed my nerves, took wonderful care of me, and made sure all of my questions were answered.Dorea S.
- 2019-03-27Dr. Dawood, Alie, Magda and Mashie were the team that I interacted with and I had a pleasant experience. They were very friendly and patient.Sai Prasasthi N.
- 2019-01-25Dr. Naimo and his assistant holly did an amazing job for my wisdom teeth removal.cameron W.
- 2019-01-25Excellent service ! Surgeon went well . Staff is excellent ! DR Naomi and Holly was awesome .Keisha G.
- 2019-01-17Thanksjoan s.
- 2019-01-22Dr. Yaghmai was the absolute best! I had my wisdom teeth removal done and he couldn’t have been more swift and precise.Maddie H.
- 2019-01-23Courteous staff. Medical procedure went well.Eric W.
- 2019-04-18Had the best experience. Honestly I was very worried getting an implant surgery, but NOVA OMS made the whole process so wonderful! Love them.Pixie Dust F.
- 2019-02-26I was very pleased with my experience. This is the second time I've been a patient of Dr. Yaghmai for implants.Pam G.
- 2019-01-17Very positive experience... from consultation to surgery and scheduling follow-up. Everyone was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.M C.
- 2019-04-19He is very personable and takes time to talk with you, never rushing you. I highly recommend Dr. Yaghmai and his staff.Maria Malone S.
- 2019-02-01I had a great experience here! Procedure was fast, and the staff here was very friendly. Ruqaya and Dr. Naimi did a fantastic job!!Gabriella D.
- 2019-01-29The experience has been amazing. Dr. Yaghmai and Sarah were able to take care of long standing tooth problem and missing tooth.Balaji R.
- 2019-03-05Great experience at NOVA OMS. Dr. Yaghmai and Sara K. were great and made the experience effortless.Parker S.
- 2019-04-05I open the door, and am immediately greeted with friendly, smiling faces that took my gitters away! It’s refreshing to see 🙂 Thank You!Priya S.
- 2019-04-05I love this place! They take perfect care of you and they care about your preferences and needs! the staff is AMAZING!!!!:)Ava S.
- 2019-04-08The service was warm, quick, painless. This coming from someone with anxiety who is highly suspicious of the healthcare industry.Tramaine N.
- 2019-02-26Highly recommend this place for dental implants and extractions. They are quick and thorough.John M.
- 2019-03-05He was fast and efficient and I have already recommended him to several people in case they should ever need an oral surgeon.valerie a.
- 2019-01-29I am so thankful to them for their care.Neal S.
- 2019-02-19Wonderful experience overall! Friendly and highly professional staff made the removal of my wisdom teeth as painless as possible.George Z.
- 2019-03-05I had no pain after the first day, the staff is friendly and professional, and it was overall a good experience.Alex C.
- 2019-04-05As I noted during my first visit, the staff was exceptionally helpful. Everyone at NOVA OMS was helpful. I highly recommend this practice.Michael H.
- 2019-02-26Excellent care. Staff concerned about you before, during and afterwards. Also, answers every question to your satisfactionIra F.
- 2019-02-21I was nervous going in to get my wisdom teeth extracted but Dr. Yaghmai, Tiffany and Sarah made the experience much more comfortable, I left feeling better than i had thought possible and had none to very little discomfort/pain during the healing process.Lucas S.
- 2019-03-29Dr. Naimi and Dr. Raqaya were the absolute best. My surgery went very smooth and my recovery process was almost painless.Annie C.
- 2019-02-08He is absolutely the best surgeon! I totally recommend Dr. Y for your surgery needs! The office is so friendly and lovely to work with!Michele J.