Revolutionizing the way dental professionals treat tooth loss, dental implants are regarded as the most life-like option for replacing missing teeth. These prosthetics are permanent, non-removable, and extremely durable. In addition to completely restoring oral function after tooth loss, dental implants are biocompatible.
How closely do dental implants resemble natural teeth?
Made from a titanium rod with a texture similar to a screw, implants are surgically embedded into the jawbone. Due to the unique properties of titanium, the jawbone will naturally fuse around the implant’s post in a few months’ time. This process, clinically referred to as osseointegration, allows the implant to function like a tooth’s roots. Because the titanium post is anchored by surrounding bone mass, patients enjoy stability, and durability when chewing and biting food. Dental implants also lessen the likelihood of bone loss by preventing resorption.
Beyond replacing tooth structure below the gum line, artificial dental crowns are used to fill in the gaps of a smile. Custom made crowns are tooth-shaped prosthetics that are made to the exact measurements a patient needs to support adjacent teeth and a healthy occlusion (bite). Crowns serve as the visible portion of a lost tooth and their surface is used for eating food. They are attached via an abutment to the dental implant. For a natural look, crowns may be made from porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. Some patients, depending which teeth are missing, may benefit from metal crowns in places where more force is applied to the teeth during meals.
In addition to restoring oral function and filling in the gaps of a smile, dental implants and their crowns provide sturdy support to neighboring teeth, which prevents teeth from collapsing into empty tooth sockets.
Are other procedures sometimes necessary when receiving dental implants?
Dental implant procedures for patients may require additional treatments to help rehabilitate the entire oral health system. Before receiving implants, our oral surgeons will evaluate the health of a patient’s gums, existing teeth, and jawbones to determine if the implantation process will be successful. In some cases, patients may require bone grafts before the procedure to ensure that there is enough bone mass to support the implant.
To learn more about your tooth replacement options or request a quote for dental implant cost, contact our practice today to schedule a consultation with one of our oral surgeons.
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Burke, VA
5206 Lyngate Ct
Burke, VA 22015
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Reston, VA
11490 Commerce Park Dr #100
Reston, VA 20191
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Alexandria, VA
2807 Duke St
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Dental Implants
- Wisdom Teeth
- Tooth Extraction
- Bone Regeneration
- Facial & Cosmentc
- 2018-12-08Was seen immediately by Dr. Yaghmai, who, with his assistant Sara K., provided excellent, complete care. Thank you!gkaylor1
- 2018-12-08Very professional, friendly environment. You’re their priority. The nurses are really nice and helpful.L A.
- 2019-01-11Everyone here was super nice, Dr. Naimi did a great job and the two women who helped me prep for my wisdom teeth extraction and then helped me with recovery, Jennyfer and Tiffany, were so helpful and nice.Emma W.
- 2018-12-25The entire staff was super helpful and I definitely recommend seeing them.Josh L.
- 2018-12-25Dr Yaghmai is awesome! He performed a procedure on my gums that healed quickly with no complications.Sini P.
- 2019-01-11Staff is so friendly; especially Caroline and Nadine! I would recommend this practice to anyone and everyone! Thanks so much guys!Sydney A.
- 2019-01-10Came to Nova oms to get four wisdom teeth extracted and had a great experience. Would recommend for any future oral surgery needs.Danny W.
- 2018-12-18The experience has been amazing. Dr Yaghmai and Sarah K were able to put my son under and come out of surgery very easily.Michelle L.
- 2019-01-09I had a great experience with Dr. Dawood and his staff Ali, Betty, and Erica . It has only been a week and I feel almost back to normal.Bushra S.
- 2019-01-01I strongly recommend this office to everyone for oral surgery! Dr. Naimi and Tiffany were amazing at making the whole process so easy!Richille R.
- 2018-12-08It was great !!Fatima V.
- 2019-01-01It was quick and easy!Tuba H.
- 2019-01-17Very positive experience... from consultation to surgery and scheduling follow-up. Everyone was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.M C.
- 2018-12-25By far one of the best experiences I've had with ANY service! I highly recommend this office to anyone who needs to remove wisdom teeth.Mujahid A.
- 2019-01-01Amazing experience! Doctors were so nice, answered every question I had before surgery. Highly recommendMelysa S.
- 2018-12-08Holly and Dr Naimi were great and very helpful!Angela P.
- 2018-12-18I also would like wish in advance happy holidays and and a Happy New year to Dr Akbar, Betty and Yessica and all the others staff at NOVA OMS.Padmaja M.
- 2018-12-18Thank You Dr Dawood, Betty and Yessica, and advanced wishes for you and all the staff at NOVA OMS for a merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a happy Healthy and prosperous 2019 to you and your extended familyHARISH M.
- 2018-12-08I had a great experience here. My surgery went smoothly and I had very little pain afterwards. My oral surgeon was thorough and nice.Patrick L.
- 2019-01-10Overall a great experience. One of the assistants named Fab explained the process very well and was very welcoming.Hieu N.
- 2019-01-04I had a great experience! The staff is super nice and friendly.Patricia H.
- 2019-01-05Dr. Naimi and all his staff were great. Very professional and kind. I highly recommend this practice!Deborah W.
- 2018-12-11ExcellentChuck C.
- 2019-01-03Dr.Yaghmai and his staff especially Fab were very efficient and kind to me during my surgery. I would highly recommend coming here!!Alyssa P.
- 2018-12-08Great, friendly environment. They make you feel welcome and like you’re at home. The nursing staff were extremely helpful toward my recovery.Laith A.
- 2018-12-08Dr. Gallardo was very friendly and very informative of the procedure to get the wisdom teeth out for my son! Best place to go!Cindy L.
- 2018-12-18Everything was amazing!! I strongly recommend this office.OSCAR GOMEZ U.
- 2019-01-01I'm very happy with my experience getting my first dental implant in Reston office of NOVA OMS. Dr. Naimi did an excellent job.Tatiana V.
- 2018-12-08My kids had a great experience and would definitely recommend Dr. Naimi to anyone who has need for wisdom teeth extraction.Jake P.
- 2019-01-01Great service.steve c.
- 2018-12-18This is my first time having a surgery- My consolation with this staff / Dr. was absolutely comforting. Amazing Job Doc!Markelle A.
- 2019-01-04Very nice dental practice. Treated me very well!NICOLE ASHLEY M.
- 2019-01-01I had a great experience!Eric M.
- 2019-01-04Amazing staff, nurses, and surgeons. Would definitely recommend them!Lulu A.
- 2018-12-08The surgery was quick and painless along with not experiencing much pain just soreness after my wisdom teeth removal.Emily G.
- 2018-12-08If you’re looking for a GREAT surgeon AND amazing staff, I would recommend this place ten times over to my friends and family. Just amazing.Katelyn N.
- 2019-01-03Friendly staff and overall smooth process, Dr Dawood and Betty were very comforting even though surgery can be pretty scary.Boyoung Z.
- 2019-01-11Great experience! The doctors were very friendly and made me feel comfortable before my surgery. Definitely recommend northern Virginia oral!Ashley A.
- 2019-01-15Got 4 wisdom teeth removed here and had a great experience! Dr. Yaghmai and Sara K. were very professional!Nick J.
- 2019-01-01I had my wisdom teeth removed by Dr Yaghmai and had a great experience with him and his staff!HANNAH Z.
- 2019-01-10Dr. Yaghmai and Fab were very friendly and supportive for my son’s wisdom tooth surgery. Would recommend for any oral surgery!Shan J.
- 2019-01-03Highly recommend. Him and his team were patient efficient and kind. There to answer all my question and put me at ease.Jenny N.
- 2019-01-01Dr. Patterson and Holly are very professional. Highly recommended!Daimeng Z.
- 2019-01-03The practice is very clean and the staff are very kind and professional especially Fab and Melissa, they did a great job.Diana J.
- 2019-01-11Good wisdom teeth treatmentgopacgo12345
- 2019-01-17Thanksjoan s.
- 2018-12-08The office is clean and efficient and everyone was pleasant and professional. I had an excellent and quick recovery with little if any pain.shirlene c.
- 2018-12-08Loved my experience! From the front desk to Dr. Naimi everyone is super friendly and professional! Definitely would recommend!sameen s.
- 2019-01-14Awesome and professional doctors who care about their patients 🙂Tram M.
- 2019-01-10Highly recommended for wisdom tooth surgery! The other positive reviews are completely right!Jeremy K.