Utilizing new technology and advanced methods, our oral surgeons can replace atrophied and lost bone through bone graphs. With applications in craniofacial and oral procedures, bone grafts help regenerate and replace lost tissue. In the past, our patients with tooth loss and bone atrophy had limited options with replacing teeth with dental implants. Today, however, a bone graft can improve the success rate of dental implants by providing patients with enough new bone tissue to support implants. Additionally, conditions including advanced gum disease and or traumatic injuries that affect bone mass can be improved with bone grafting procedures as well.
Bone grafting can replace disintegrated and damaged bone virtually anywhere in the face and oral cavity including the sinus passageways, the ridge of the jawbone, and sockets. Various types of graft methods exist as well including autogenious grafting, ridge split grafts, and maxillary sinus lifts.
The Basics on Bone Grafting
Bone grafts used in oral surgery have similar characteristics when compared to other types of medical grafting procedures such as skin grafts. When bone has atrophied from tooth loss or gum disease, for example, our team will remove bone from another region of the body or insert synthetic bone and place it where needed in the face or jaw. This allows patients enough bone to support dental implants and also helps generate new bone tissue.
Types of Bone Grafts
Autogenous grafts – This is a common bone graft method where bone is taken from another part of the body such as the knee or hip to replace missing or injured bone mass.
Allografts – Derived from synthetic bone tissue or from cadavers, these grafts are placed the same way as autgenous grafts. The difference between the two methods is the source of tissue.
Bovine grafts – This method utilizes bone from cows.
Patient Comfort During Bone Grafts
Our surgeons strive to make our patients feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible during all procedures. When a bone graft is conducted, our team will effectively numb the grafting site with local anesthetics and this procedure does not require hospitalization. We will provide thorough post operative instructions so that our patients can heal as quickly as possible.
To schedule an appointment, contact our friendly team today.
Learn About Specific Procedures
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Burke, VA
5206 Lyngate Ct
Burke, VA 22015
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Reston, VA
11490 Commerce Park Dr #100
Reston, VA 20191
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Alexandria, VA
2807 Duke St
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Dental Implants
- Wisdom Teeth
- Tooth Extraction
- Bone Regeneration
- Facial & Cosmentc
- 2019-03-05He was fast and efficient and I have already recommended him to several people in case they should ever need an oral surgeon.valerie a.
- 2019-01-22Dr. Yaghmai was the absolute best! I had my wisdom teeth removal done and he couldn’t have been more swift and precise.Maddie H.
- 2019-01-25Dr. Naimi and his entire staff, especially Holly was excellent. Would highly recommend!Chanel A.
- 2019-02-14Superbly professional. Friendly. Responsive. I couldn’t be happier with my experience!John R.
- 2019-02-12I would highly recommend going here . I got my wisdom teeth removed about a month ago and my experience here was wonderful !Karen H.
- 2019-02-08He is absolutely the best surgeon! I totally recommend Dr. Y for your surgery needs! The office is so friendly and lovely to work with!Michele J.
- 2019-02-26I was very pleased with my experience. This is the second time I've been a patient of Dr. Yaghmai for implants.Pam G.
- 2019-02-26Excellent care. Staff concerned about you before, during and afterwards. Also, answers every question to your satisfactionIra F.
- 2019-02-07Doctor Naimi is the best!!Romi M.
- 2019-02-12recommend this practice highlyMalcolm P.
- 2019-02-14Thank you for a wonderful experience! Pain free and they genuinely care! I look forward to working with you all at my next visit!Kelly D.
- 2019-01-29I am so thankful to them for their care.Neal S.
- 2019-01-11Good wisdom teeth treatmentgopacgo12345
- 2019-01-28Absolute best service, best price I could find in Northern VA after getting a consult from several offices from Reston to Leesburg.Bernadette A.
- 2019-03-05Great experience at NOVA OMS. Dr. Yaghmai and Sara K. were great and made the experience effortless.Parker S.
- 2019-01-15Got 4 wisdom teeth removed here and had a great experience! Dr. Yaghmai and Sara K. were very professional!Nick J.
- 2019-03-05It was quick and entirely painless. I took ibuprofen for a few days, but was back on normal food after barely a day.Leland G.
- 2019-01-10Overall a great experience. One of the assistants named Fab explained the process very well and was very welcoming.Hieu N.
- 2019-01-31Very comprehensive care and very patient staff. They handled everything from insurance and billing to pre and post OP care.Joshua F.
- 2019-02-26Very professional office.Jon w.
- 2019-02-01The surgeon and assistants Holly and Victor were helpful and thorough prepping me and ensuring post-op recovery went along well.Christina B.
- 2019-03-08The staff were very welcoming. Rugaya and Holly took great care of me and put me at ease before my (4) wisdom teeth extraction.Trinity G.
- 2019-01-04Amazing staff, nurses, and surgeons. Would definitely recommend them!Lulu A.
- 2019-02-01I had a great experience here! Procedure was fast, and the staff here was very friendly. Ruqaya and Dr. Naimi did a fantastic job!!Gabriella D.
- 2019-01-17Very positive experience... from consultation to surgery and scheduling follow-up. Everyone was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.M C.
- 2019-01-18His assistant, Melissa, is top-notch and is the best at answering questions and keeping the patient informed and comfortable. No surprises.O W.
- 2019-02-18I had a great experience here. Everyone was extremely friendly and prompt timing.Ana C.
- 2019-01-14Awesome and professional doctors who care about their patients 🙂Tram M.
- 2019-02-19Wonderful experience overall! Friendly and highly professional staff made the removal of my wisdom teeth as painless as possible.George Z.
- 2019-01-09I had a great experience with Dr. Dawood and his staff Ali, Betty, and Erica . It has only been a week and I feel almost back to normal.Bushra S.
- 2019-01-23Courteous staff. Medical procedure went well.Eric W.
- 2019-03-19Fast recovery timedevonkeith13
- 2019-02-19Quicker recovery than usualFelipe F.
- 2019-02-21I was nervous going in to get my wisdom teeth extracted but Dr. Yaghmai, Tiffany and Sarah made the experience much more comfortable, I left feeling better than i had thought possible and had none to very little discomfort/pain during the healing process.Lucas S.
- 2019-02-26Highly recommend this place for dental implants and extractions. They are quick and thorough.John M.
- 2019-01-11Staff is so friendly; especially Caroline and Nadine! I would recommend this practice to anyone and everyone! Thanks so much guys!Sydney A.
- 2019-03-05I had no pain after the first day, the staff is friendly and professional, and it was overall a good experience.Alex C.
- 2019-01-11Everyone here was super nice, Dr. Naimi did a great job and the two women who helped me prep for my wisdom teeth extraction and then helped me with recovery, Jennyfer and Tiffany, were so helpful and nice.Emma W.
- 2019-01-05Dr. Naimi and all his staff were great. Very professional and kind. I highly recommend this practice!Deborah W.
- 2019-01-04Very nice dental practice. Treated me very well!NICOLE ASHLEY M.
- 2019-01-10Dr. Yaghmai and Fab were very friendly and supportive for my son’s wisdom tooth surgery. Would recommend for any oral surgery!Shan J.
- 2019-02-01They are friendly, caring, efficient and very professional. I highly recommend Dr. Naimi to and Reston OMS.Cathryn L.
- 2019-03-05Dr Yaghmai, Fab and Sarak were great and very friendly! I highly recommend this place! Had wisdom teeth removal, fast recovery and no pain.TheAshe89
- 2019-01-11Great experience! The doctors were very friendly and made me feel comfortable before my surgery. Definitely recommend northern Virginia oral!Ashley A.
- 2019-01-10Highly recommended for wisdom tooth surgery! The other positive reviews are completely right!Jeremy K.
- 2019-01-25Dr. Naimo and his assistant holly did an amazing job for my wisdom teeth removal.cameron W.
- 2019-01-17Thanksjoan s.
- 2019-01-10Came to Nova oms to get four wisdom teeth extracted and had a great experience. Would recommend for any future oral surgery needs.Danny W.
- 2019-01-25Excellent service ! Surgeon went well . Staff is excellent ! DR Naomi and Holly was awesome .Keisha G.
- 2019-01-29The experience has been amazing. Dr. Yaghmai and Sarah were able to take care of long standing tooth problem and missing tooth.Balaji R.