Dr. Adrian L. Patterson is a native Washingtonian. He graduated in 1975 from the University Of Maryland School Of Dentistry. He practiced general dentistry until beginning his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMS) at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in 1979. Dr. Patterson became board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1984. He served in the Army Dental Corps in a series of important assignments including Assistant Chief of OMS in Frankfurt, Germany and as Assistant Chief of the Oral Surgery Residency Training Program at Ft. Gordon, GA. Dr. Patterson served as the Chief of the Surgery Branch at the US Army Institute of Dental Research at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Dr. Patterson also served as Chief of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program at Walter Reed Hospital from 1994 until his retirement from the Army in 1998 in the rank of Colonel.
Dr. Patterson has published several articles and lectured extensively in both the military and civilian dental communities. He has been recognized in the field of OMS by the Surgeon General of the Army and awarded the coveted “A” proficiency designator. He was also inducted into the “Order of Military Medical Merit” which recognizes the top 10% among its peers and was subsequently recognized as a distinguished member of this group of top military medical and dental branch members. Other military honors include the Legion of Merit Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, and the Army Commendation Medal among others. He was recognized by Virginia magazine as among the top Oral Surgeons in Virginia.
Dr. Patterson is a member of several professional organizations including the American Dental Association, the Virginia Dental Association where he serves on the patient relations committee, and the Academy of Osseointegration. Dr. Patterson has also been selected by his peers to serve as a delegate to the Virginia House of Delegates of the Virginia Dental Association.
Dr. Patterson and his wife Ophelia reside in Mitchellville, Maryland. They have a daughter, Kynesha who resides in Boston, MA.
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Burke, VA
5206 Lyngate Ct
Burke, VA 22015
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Reston, VA
11490 Commerce Park Dr #100
Reston, VA 20191
Northern Virginia Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery – Alexandria, VA
2807 Duke St
Alexandria, VA 22314
- 2018-12-18I also would like wish in advance happy holidays and and a Happy New year to Dr Akbar, Betty and Yessica and all the others staff at NOVA OMS.Padmaja M.
- 2019-01-11Great experience! The doctors were very friendly and made me feel comfortable before my surgery. Definitely recommend northern Virginia oral!Ashley A.
- 2018-12-08My kids had a great experience and would definitely recommend Dr. Naimi to anyone who has need for wisdom teeth extraction.Jake P.
- 2018-12-08Holly and Dr Naimi were great and very helpful!Angela P.
- 2019-01-01I had my wisdom teeth removed by Dr Yaghmai and had a great experience with him and his staff!HANNAH Z.
- 2018-12-18Everything was amazing!! I strongly recommend this office.OSCAR GOMEZ U.
- 2019-01-15Got 4 wisdom teeth removed here and had a great experience! Dr. Yaghmai and Sara K. were very professional!Nick J.
- 2018-12-25By far one of the best experiences I've had with ANY service! I highly recommend this office to anyone who needs to remove wisdom teeth.Mujahid A.
- 2019-01-11Staff is so friendly; especially Caroline and Nadine! I would recommend this practice to anyone and everyone! Thanks so much guys!Sydney A.
- 2019-01-03The practice is very clean and the staff are very kind and professional especially Fab and Melissa, they did a great job.Diana J.
- 2018-12-08Very professional, friendly environment. You’re their priority. The nurses are really nice and helpful.L A.
- 2018-12-08Loved my experience! From the front desk to Dr. Naimi everyone is super friendly and professional! Definitely would recommend!sameen s.
- 2019-01-10Overall a great experience. One of the assistants named Fab explained the process very well and was very welcoming.Hieu N.
- 2018-12-08The office is clean and efficient and everyone was pleasant and professional. I had an excellent and quick recovery with little if any pain.shirlene c.
- 2019-01-04I had a great experience! The staff is super nice and friendly.Patricia H.
- 2019-01-05Dr. Naimi and all his staff were great. Very professional and kind. I highly recommend this practice!Deborah W.
- 2018-12-18The experience has been amazing. Dr Yaghmai and Sarah K were able to put my son under and come out of surgery very easily.Michelle L.
- 2019-01-17Very positive experience... from consultation to surgery and scheduling follow-up. Everyone was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.M C.
- 2018-12-18Thank You Dr Dawood, Betty and Yessica, and advanced wishes for you and all the staff at NOVA OMS for a merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a happy Healthy and prosperous 2019 to you and your extended familyHARISH M.
- 2019-01-01It was quick and easy!Tuba H.
- 2018-12-08Dr. Gallardo was very friendly and very informative of the procedure to get the wisdom teeth out for my son! Best place to go!Cindy L.
- 2019-01-17Thanksjoan s.
- 2018-12-08It was great !!Fatima V.
- 2018-12-25The entire staff was super helpful and I definitely recommend seeing them.Josh L.
- 2019-01-01Great service.steve c.
- 2019-01-03Dr.Yaghmai and his staff especially Fab were very efficient and kind to me during my surgery. I would highly recommend coming here!!Alyssa P.
- 2019-01-01I'm very happy with my experience getting my first dental implant in Reston office of NOVA OMS. Dr. Naimi did an excellent job.Tatiana V.
- 2019-01-10Came to Nova oms to get four wisdom teeth extracted and had a great experience. Would recommend for any future oral surgery needs.Danny W.
- 2019-01-01I had a great experience!Eric M.
- 2018-12-08The surgery was quick and painless along with not experiencing much pain just soreness after my wisdom teeth removal.Emily G.
- 2019-01-10Highly recommended for wisdom tooth surgery! The other positive reviews are completely right!Jeremy K.
- 2019-01-11Everyone here was super nice, Dr. Naimi did a great job and the two women who helped me prep for my wisdom teeth extraction and then helped me with recovery, Jennyfer and Tiffany, were so helpful and nice.Emma W.
- 2019-01-04Amazing staff, nurses, and surgeons. Would definitely recommend them!Lulu A.
- 2018-12-11ExcellentChuck C.
- 2019-01-04Very nice dental practice. Treated me very well!NICOLE ASHLEY M.
- 2018-12-08Was seen immediately by Dr. Yaghmai, who, with his assistant Sara K., provided excellent, complete care. Thank you!gkaylor1
- 2018-12-08If you’re looking for a GREAT surgeon AND amazing staff, I would recommend this place ten times over to my friends and family. Just amazing.Katelyn N.
- 2019-01-10Dr. Yaghmai and Fab were very friendly and supportive for my son’s wisdom tooth surgery. Would recommend for any oral surgery!Shan J.
- 2018-12-08Great, friendly environment. They make you feel welcome and like you’re at home. The nursing staff were extremely helpful toward my recovery.Laith A.
- 2019-01-01Dr. Patterson and Holly are very professional. Highly recommended!Daimeng Z.
- 2019-01-09I had a great experience with Dr. Dawood and his staff Ali, Betty, and Erica . It has only been a week and I feel almost back to normal.Bushra S.
- 2018-12-18This is my first time having a surgery- My consolation with this staff / Dr. was absolutely comforting. Amazing Job Doc!Markelle A.
- 2019-01-01I strongly recommend this office to everyone for oral surgery! Dr. Naimi and Tiffany were amazing at making the whole process so easy!Richille R.
- 2018-12-08I had a great experience here. My surgery went smoothly and I had very little pain afterwards. My oral surgeon was thorough and nice.Patrick L.
- 2019-01-03Highly recommend. Him and his team were patient efficient and kind. There to answer all my question and put me at ease.Jenny N.
- 2019-01-11Good wisdom teeth treatmentgopacgo12345
- 2019-01-03Friendly staff and overall smooth process, Dr Dawood and Betty were very comforting even though surgery can be pretty scary.Boyoung Z.
- 2018-12-25Dr Yaghmai is awesome! He performed a procedure on my gums that healed quickly with no complications.Sini P.
- 2019-01-14Awesome and professional doctors who care about their patients 🙂Tram M.
- 2019-01-01Amazing experience! Doctors were so nice, answered every question I had before surgery. Highly recommendMelysa S.